Tuesday 12 August 2008

Wasps

Well…I knew they’d come back. Its wasp season once again in my flat. Last night I was forced to face 3 massive, stupid angry wasps with only the guardian (living up to its name) to defend myself with. They are getting in through a ventilation..um..vent in my kitchen. The first one caught me off guard and I couldn’t figure out where it had come from. I have 3 different vents in the flat. so at 11.30 pm last night I was running around my small abode in my pants with a rolled up paper in one hand and cardboard and sellotape in the other. Furiously smacking the winged devils with the paper and sealing up the ventilation points with tape and cardboard. All the while chattering to myself and the wasps in a deranged whisper. “ohhh I’ll get ya, I’ll get ya, think you’re great, get through this hole now you stripy stingy bastards, fuck you wasps, I'll kill ya, I'll kill ya…”. I could almost hear the “plinky plonky crazy” music from The Shining in the background. So I’ve called landlords and they are sending in the cavalry. Should be all dead by tomorrow hopefully. As will I be, more than likely due to the lack of ventilation in my flat.

7 comments:

emily josephine mcphillips said...

martin, i hope it isn't awful of me to have found this post hilarious! but i do hope your landlord sorts the problem out because wasps can be mean!

Martin Higgins said...

:) Its quite alright Emily, I found it funny looking back on it. At the time I was filled with insect bloodlust, blind terror, and diet coke. I hope they have sorted it. They promised to send 'their man' around to take care of it. I had images of me having to give a suitcase of money to some hitman in a bee keeping suit in didsbury park. "I want it to look like an accident" I would say nervously and he would nod back, his face hidden by the wire mesh.

So far they have not returned. I hope they are gone. The air is getting thin.

emily josephine mcphillips said...

martin, are you wasp free?!

Martin Higgins said...

no. they have not entered the flat again but they continue to lurk like flies with hoodies outside my window. I don't think 'their man' has come at all. I have been sold a lie. i continue to live in fear. Work have been calling daily to see why i'm not there but really i think its obvious that i need to stay RIGHT HERE and protect my property. I have written to my MP and also to a lesser extent your MP.

xTx said...

You have linked to me!

Wonderful!

You are from the UK!

I am jealous of your accent!

Martin Higgins said...

Why thank you xtx! I thought since I liked your blog I should link it so I can look at it more. It was for purely selfish reasons im afraid.

You don't want my accent, its a weird hybrid of english and northern irish.

xTx said...

i think you need to blog a voice recording so i can judge for myself.

(and thank you for liking my blog! I look forward to reading more about you and your wasps)