Tuesday 24 February 2009

Good Times For Boys And Girls

Went to this again last night. Chris pointed out that I had only missed one so far when I went away to the America for a bit. The reason I keep coming back to the night is because its bloody good fun. The atmosphere is friendly and open, the readings are always interesting and fresh, and it's a good place to get drunk on a weekday with nice people.

Last night Chris was a mere spectator for the night and Miss Sian Cummins stepped up to guest host with the always tremendous Sally . They both did an ace job and dealt very well with the first drunken pain in the arse the night has encountered (I narrowly avoid this description as I usually run out of money before I can be truly annoying) who decided to regale us all with songs and tales of bravery from the motherland. He was very embarrassing and I considered talking in a posh english accent for the rest of the night to disguise our celtic connection. Also thanks to Jay for providing excellent music as always and getting rid of the silly man. Also providing top tunes was Mr. Si Connor, you can find more about him here. He is a good man. All the readings were great, and with each night I'm meeting more people which is nice for me and possibly horrific for those people.

One night I will be all inspired and read something up on the stage. I shall, of course, have to write something first...

No comments: